Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
adjective & noun
- ‘With the full power of the Marvel hype machine, this could become the first truly mainstream Afrofuturist film.’
- ‘An Afrofuturist reading of the transatlantic slave trade becomes an epic tragedy about alien abductees.’
- ‘Here's the thing about a lot of Afrofuturists: They don't necessarily like the term.’
- ‘A new generation of African artists is taking over the mantle of Afrofuturist arts from a US-centred crowd.’
- ‘He chronicles the pioneering Afrofuturist's career and offers a playlist of highlights.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.