One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘By and large, nineteenth-century Afrocentrists accepted a single, Northern European model of ‘civilization,’ which they usually saw as interchangeable with ‘culture.’’
- ‘The Afrocentrist contends that passion can never be a substitute for argument as argument should not be a substitute for passion.’
- ‘Will Black nationalists be represented, will Afrocentrists be there, or will even White nationalists be included?’
- ‘A rollcall of Afrocentrists in the African Diaspora, since the 18th century, would include the inspirer of the Haitian liberation struggle.’
- ‘As an Afrocentrist, I am committed to divesting my cultural and social investment in European cultural thought and behavior and to increase my exercise of African cultural thought and behavior.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.