Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘My public elementary school was pretty awesome despite its Afrocentrism - Afrocentrism was mostly used as a pathway into American history and common values, not an alternative to those values.’
- ‘The growing emphasis on Afrocentrism in weddings is not just a desire to connect with and continue tradition in the wedding ceremony.’
- ‘He was an early proponent of multiculturalism and Afrocentrism.’
- ‘Most of the chapters here provide useful examples of how popular culture, theology, politics, the bible, theological reflection, revolution, protest, Afrocentrism and Caribbean history intersect.’
- ‘Nonetheless, because Afrocentrism is being taught in schools and universities and is taken seriously by many people, it presents a challenge that requires an informed response.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.