One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjective
- ‘It has received extraordinary attention in the media and has brought contemporary African art to the notice of the non-Africanist museum and gallery goer while at the same time sparking lively discussion among Africanist art scholars.’
- ‘Research activism of this kind was found most visibly in the attacks on diasporic Africanist scholars.’
- ‘The authors of this narrative grapple with their white identity as they negotiate new identities that incorporate, sometimes in a romantic fashion, Africanist discourses.’
- ‘‘Why does nobody care about blacks’ was a recent headline in the self-professed Africanist magazine.’
- ‘Hearing these expressions the audience is, as it were, invited to read the scene informed by an Africanist perspective.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.