One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small East African plant with heart-shaped velvety leaves and violet, pink, or white flowers.
- ‘Fluorescent light gardens are similarly ideal for growing and blooming compact plants like African violets, some orchids, and many other kinds of indoor plants.’
- ‘For color and interest, consider adding flowering plants, such as African violets, roses and geraniums.’
- ‘Insects and mites occasionally damage the foliage and flowers of African violets.’
- ‘Many fuzzy leafed plants, such as African violets, don't like water on their foliage because it leaves spots and can cause fungus.’
- ‘But hairy-leaved plants, such as African violets, should just be dusted with a dry feather duster or a makeup brush every once in a while.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.