One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small East African plant with heart-shaped velvety leaves and violet, pink, or white flowers.
- ‘Insects and mites occasionally damage the foliage and flowers of African violets.’
- ‘Fluorescent light gardens are similarly ideal for growing and blooming compact plants like African violets, some orchids, and many other kinds of indoor plants.’
- ‘But hairy-leaved plants, such as African violets, should just be dusted with a dry feather duster or a makeup brush every once in a while.’
- ‘For color and interest, consider adding flowering plants, such as African violets, roses and geraniums.’
- ‘Many fuzzy leafed plants, such as African violets, don't like water on their foliage because it leaves spots and can cause fungus.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.