One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for caracal
- ‘The animal is also called an African lynx and desert lynx.’
- ‘Caracals, also commonly called African lynx, weigh at adulthood from 25 to 45 pounds and are native to the grasslands of Africa and parts of Asia.’
- ‘The caracal, or African lynx and desert lynx as it is commonly referred to, is distributed throughout Africa, and Asia from Turkey through northwestern India to Arabia.’
- ‘The grant will fund the first year of a three-year project, beginning with a study of the impact of leopards on Namibian farmlands and the ecology of leopard, African lynx and cheetahs.’
- ‘In case you're curious, caracals are a type of African lynx, very fast and efficient hunters.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.