One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for caracal
- ‘The animal is also called an African lynx and desert lynx.’
- ‘In case you're curious, caracals are a type of African lynx, very fast and efficient hunters.’
- ‘The caracal, or African lynx and desert lynx as it is commonly referred to, is distributed throughout Africa, and Asia from Turkey through northwestern India to Arabia.’
- ‘The grant will fund the first year of a three-year project, beginning with a study of the impact of leopards on Namibian farmlands and the ecology of leopard, African lynx and cheetahs.’
- ‘Caracals, also commonly called African lynx, weigh at adulthood from 25 to 45 pounds and are native to the grasslands of Africa and parts of Asia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.