One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Before.‘he died the day afore yesterday’
- ‘It's all been done before by Nature or those who came afore.’
- ‘Shouldn't be long afore we find out who she is.’
- ‘A human being's evident fear is that he should die afore his time.’
- ‘Rebecca, did the dinosaurs come afore man, or at the same time?’
- ‘The stream is murky and my eyes are not so keen as they were ages afore.’
Old English onforan (see a-, fore).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.