Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The basic monetary unit of Afghanistan, equal to 100 puls.
- ‘The afghani also fell sharply against the Pakistani rupee.’
- ‘The value of the afghani, the country's currency, is rising.’
- ‘A call to digital and cell phone number will consume one and five afghanis per minute respectively.’
- ‘The current exchange rate is approximately 100,000 afghanis to the dollar.’
- ‘Along with the afghani, Kabulis use U.S. dollars and Pakistani rupees to buy groceries.’
From Pashto afghānī.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.