One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The basic monetary unit of Afghanistan, equal to 100 puls.
- ‘The current exchange rate is approximately 100,000 afghanis to the dollar.’
- ‘Along with the afghani, Kabulis use U.S. dollars and Pakistani rupees to buy groceries.’
- ‘The value of the afghani, the country's currency, is rising.’
- ‘The afghani also fell sharply against the Pakistani rupee.’
- ‘A call to digital and cell phone number will consume one and five afghanis per minute respectively.’
From Pashto afghānī.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.