One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The basic monetary unit of Afghanistan, equal to 100 puls.
- ‘A call to digital and cell phone number will consume one and five afghanis per minute respectively.’
- ‘Along with the afghani, Kabulis use U.S. dollars and Pakistani rupees to buy groceries.’
- ‘The current exchange rate is approximately 100,000 afghanis to the dollar.’
- ‘The value of the afghani, the country's currency, is rising.’
- ‘The afghani also fell sharply against the Pakistani rupee.’
From Pashto afghānī.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.