One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tall hunting dog of a breed with long silky hair.
- ‘Of the two cloned Afghan hound male puppies, one survived, the other suffered respiratory distress and succumbed to aspiration pneumonia at three weeks of age.’
- ‘One of the puppies died soon after birth but the other, an Afghan hound named Snuppy, is still doing well after 16 weeks, the researchers say.’
- ‘She groups the dogs together according to their coats, so the longcoated breeds such as Afghan hounds, bearded collies and Yorkshire terriers are all together.’
- ‘I asked him about his famously resplendent Afghan hound photographed in a designer corset-collar and white silk rose corsage.’
- ‘In addition to salukis, eligible breeds are whippets, greyhounds, Afghan hounds, borzois, Ibizan hounds, pharaoh hounds, Irish wolfhounds, and Scottish deerhounds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.