One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He argued that afforestation and expansion of forests might therefore even increase climate warming.’
- ‘There is serious erosion in afforested areas also.’
- ‘The area afforested would be close to 2,000 acres.’
- ‘The vast bulk of afforested areas are marginal for agriculture and the population in these areas had been in decline since Famine times.’
- ‘The afforested area can be increased by around 300 000 ha.’
- ‘They may sequester carbon through ecosystem restoration, reforestation, agro-forestry, and afforestation; or they may develop substitutes for fossil fuels such as bioenergy projects.’
- ‘The province's forest coverage rate is currently 19 per cent and there are 2 million hectares of land left for afforestation.’
- ‘Like their attempts to afforest treeless subalpine meadows, they planted forage species that had never grown in these mountains.’
- ‘Protecting forests and afforestation will be a permanent solution.’
- ‘Environmental monitoring in the catchment assesses fresh water impacts on the survival of juveniles including issues such as afforestation, overgrazing and climate change.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.