Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
See affordableas submodifier ‘affordably priced hotel rooms’
- ‘The reproductions are available in different sizes and affordably priced.’
- ‘Appetizers, such as Thai fish paste and egg rolls, are all affordably priced.’
- ‘They are now widely available and priced affordably.’
- ‘Fascinating and enhanced with a great soundtrack, this DVD is affordably priced and suited to many viewings.’
- ‘‘We intend to price it very affordably,’ was all the spokeswoman would say.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.