One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The state of having a great deal of money; wealth.‘a sign of our growing affluence’
wealth, prosperity, opulence, fortune, richness, luxury, plentyView synonyms
- ‘Most population researchers agree that population growth quickly slows with a level of relative affluence.’
- ‘The era was also one of prosperity and affluence, an era of material plenty.’
- ‘Much greater wealth is concentrated in ever-decreasing numbers of centres of affluence.’
- ‘A decade of affluence and stability has created a backlash.’
- ‘Now, in our new climate of national affluence, wealth and all its trappings seem available to anybody determined enough to have them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.