One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The state of having a great deal of money; wealth.‘a sign of our growing affluence’
wealth, prosperity, opulence, fortune, richness, luxury, plentyView synonyms
- ‘Much greater wealth is concentrated in ever-decreasing numbers of centres of affluence.’
- ‘Most population researchers agree that population growth quickly slows with a level of relative affluence.’
- ‘A decade of affluence and stability has created a backlash.’
- ‘Now, in our new climate of national affluence, wealth and all its trappings seem available to anybody determined enough to have them.’
- ‘The era was also one of prosperity and affluence, an era of material plenty.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.