Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘But if what it overwhelmingly finds is smallness, spiritual squalor, it would seem to be required of the affirmer to intervene and raise the tone of the world.’
- ‘To tell someone that s/he should be obligated to the pursuit of an idealizing end is not to be an affirmer of life but a denier.’
- ‘As an affirmer, the teacher appeared to support and encourage student contributions to the classroom discourse.’
- ‘I treasure your friendship because we are steadfast affirmers of the same belief and that makes us profoundly one.’
- ‘Book now for all of these shows and events and join the life affirmers filling the venues.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.