One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘And indeed, the further evidence that I have uncovered indicates that this is more of an affirmatory phrase, and one actually in line with social constraints of the day.’
- ‘He added an affirmatory nod, and continued to gaze upon me with a kind of irate solemnity, holding his substantial stick between his knees, with his hands clasped upon its head.’
- ‘You have got an affirmatory duty to describe a loss to your coverage company.’
- ‘York watched the scene, making an affirmatory note in his head that he'd not be remembered.’
- ‘Nothing there, he reassured himself twice, sighing, nodding at his own affirmatory thoughts, walking to the bathroom hazardously.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.