One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘One official asked the guard whether he was aware that there was a breakdown on one of the production lines, to which the guard replied affirmatively.’
- ‘When you are dealing with a band you have to often state your case and represent yourself affirmatively, but without telling everyone else what to do.’
- ‘You are really sending a powerful and profound message that says I am affirmatively withdrawing my consent from this corporate takeover of my government.’
- ‘The collective number of votes of all countries that affirmatively supported the legislative proposal on May 18th amounts to 216, falling short of the required 232.’
- ‘Often it will be possible to answer both these questions affirmatively.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.