One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘One official asked the guard whether he was aware that there was a breakdown on one of the production lines, to which the guard replied affirmatively.’
- ‘Often it will be possible to answer both these questions affirmatively.’
- ‘The collective number of votes of all countries that affirmatively supported the legislative proposal on May 18th amounts to 216, falling short of the required 232.’
- ‘You are really sending a powerful and profound message that says I am affirmatively withdrawing my consent from this corporate takeover of my government.’
- ‘When you are dealing with a band you have to often state your case and represent yourself affirmatively, but without telling everyone else what to do.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.