One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Explicit, informed, and voluntary agreement to participate in a sexual act.‘both parties must give affirmative consent before sex’
- ‘Among states that have introduced bills on affirmative consent are New Jersey, New Hampshire and Connecticut.’
- ‘Replacing the old rules of "no means no" is a new norm of "yes means yes"—otherwise known as affirmative consent.’
- ‘An estimated 1,400 institutions of higher education now use some type of affirmative consent definition in their sexual assault policies.’
- ‘The University at Albany junior had never even heard of affirmative consent, the unequivocal OK to sex that is mandated by state law.’
- ‘Affirmative consent is a knowing, voluntary, and mutual decision among all participants to engage in sexual activity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.