One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Explicit, informed, and voluntary agreement to participate in a sexual act.‘both parties must give affirmative consent before sex’
- ‘Affirmative consent is a knowing, voluntary, and mutual decision among all participants to engage in sexual activity.’
- ‘Replacing the old rules of "no means no" is a new norm of "yes means yes"—otherwise known as affirmative consent.’
- ‘An estimated 1,400 institutions of higher education now use some type of affirmative consent definition in their sexual assault policies.’
- ‘The University at Albany junior had never even heard of affirmative consent, the unequivocal OK to sex that is mandated by state law.’
- ‘Among states that have introduced bills on affirmative consent are New Jersey, New Hampshire and Connecticut.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.