Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A legal order that the man judged to be the father of an illegitimate child must help to support it.
- ‘A statutory provision which specifically applies or expressly precludes the limitation from proceedings for the enforcement of affiliation orders could put the question beyond doubt.’
- ‘In Family Law matters it has power to make maintenance, barring, custody, access and affiliation orders.’
- ‘There will be a fond farewell to the strict time limit for the making of applications for affiliation orders.’
- ‘An affiliation order could only be made after extensive enquiry proved that a mother was telling the truth.’
- ‘In particular, the procedures are extended to affiliation orders and certain orders for lump sum payments.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.