Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A legal order that the man judged to be the father of an illegitimate child must help to support it.
- ‘In Family Law matters it has power to make maintenance, barring, custody, access and affiliation orders.’
- ‘A statutory provision which specifically applies or expressly precludes the limitation from proceedings for the enforcement of affiliation orders could put the question beyond doubt.’
- ‘An affiliation order could only be made after extensive enquiry proved that a mother was telling the truth.’
- ‘In particular, the procedures are extended to affiliation orders and certain orders for lump sum payments.’
- ‘There will be a fond farewell to the strict time limit for the making of applications for affiliation orders.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.