One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A legal order that the man judged to be the father of an illegitimate child must help to support it.
- ‘An affiliation order could only be made after extensive enquiry proved that a mother was telling the truth.’
- ‘There will be a fond farewell to the strict time limit for the making of applications for affiliation orders.’
- ‘In particular, the procedures are extended to affiliation orders and certain orders for lump sum payments.’
- ‘In Family Law matters it has power to make maintenance, barring, custody, access and affiliation orders.’
- ‘A statutory provision which specifically applies or expressly precludes the limitation from proceedings for the enforcement of affiliation orders could put the question beyond doubt.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.