One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A legal order that the man judged to be the father of an illegitimate child must help to support it.
- ‘There will be a fond farewell to the strict time limit for the making of applications for affiliation orders.’
- ‘In Family Law matters it has power to make maintenance, barring, custody, access and affiliation orders.’
- ‘In particular, the procedures are extended to affiliation orders and certain orders for lump sum payments.’
- ‘A statutory provision which specifically applies or expressly precludes the limitation from proceedings for the enforcement of affiliation orders could put the question beyond doubt.’
- ‘An affiliation order could only be made after extensive enquiry proved that a mother was telling the truth.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.