Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A marketing arrangement by which an online retailer pays commission to an external website for traffic or sales generated from its referrals.‘most of my earnings are from affiliate marketing, direct ad sales, and sponsored posts’
- ‘Merchants are expected to either add affiliate marketing to their existing online sales channels or upgrade their platforms to expand their existing programmes even further.’
- ‘He believes affiliate marketing is one of the most effective ways for merchants to build business.’
- ‘The magazine goes on to report that affiliate marketing will account for up to 3.5% of British e-commerce this year.’
- ‘Each chapter starts with a few pages describing an e-business concept, like digital delivery, affiliate marketing, or e-government.’
- ‘Affiliate marketing is inexpensive and effective - provided you keep your affiliates on a short leash.’
- ‘Many hosting companies utilize affiliate marketing and provide self-replicating web sites to their affiliates.’
- ‘He can thank affiliate marketing for 25% of his Internet business and 90% of his headaches.’
- ‘Affiliate marketing can be a win-win proposition for online retailers and for Web sites hoping to capitalize on their traffic.’
- ‘Merchants often view affiliate marketing as just another channel - a low-cost acquisition channel.’
- ‘Done well, affiliate marketing is a moneymaker that can generate 10% to 40% of a firm's online sales.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.