Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘The affectless voyeurism and exhibitionism of reality TV has undoubtedly inspired the movie.’
- ‘His expression was bland and grim and affectless.’
- ‘Watson's descriptions of his encounters with these women is affectless and somehow totally centered about his own ego.’
- ‘But Howie's relationship with Big John has a delicacy that is a world away from Clark's hard, affectless approach.’
- ‘In between, an affectless young man drives to Bristol to investigate his brother's death.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.