One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘His expression was bland and grim and affectless.’
- ‘In between, an affectless young man drives to Bristol to investigate his brother's death.’
- ‘But Howie's relationship with Big John has a delicacy that is a world away from Clark's hard, affectless approach.’
- ‘Watson's descriptions of his encounters with these women is affectless and somehow totally centered about his own ego.’
- ‘The affectless voyeurism and exhibitionism of reality TV has undoubtedly inspired the movie.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.