Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Such exposures resulted in decreased verbal attention, visual memory, motoricity, and affectivity.’
- ‘For example, mothers high in trait negative affectivity may have more negative social information processing styles.’
- ‘Negative affectivity is a general sense of dissatisfaction across time and situation.’
- ‘The song was politicised, reflexive and drenched in affectivity.’
- ‘Different terms and words have different affectivity depending on the market.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.