Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Sexual orientation has many dimensions including erotic and affectional fantasies.’
- ‘Future research could include measures of affectional bonding to or romantic desire for males or females.’
- ‘Attachment theory emphasizes the propensity for human beings to make and maintain powerful affectional bonds.’
- ‘Homosexuality is a life-long affectional attraction to individuals of the same gender.’
- ‘Attachment refers to an enduring affectional bond characterized by mutual trust, support, and emotional connection.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.