One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Service businesses must provide their service, whatever it is, efficiently, usually quickly, affordably, and affably.’
- ‘A business suit-clad man then greets them, shakes hands affably and makes them sit in comfortable chairs.’
- ‘At first the driver and his Arab passengers chat affably enough, chatting loudly over the blaring radio.’
- ‘He concurred affably, puckering his lips in thought as he pondered over the last decade's adventures.’
- ‘He strides into the restaurant and greets the waiters affably by name and orders soup and a glass of mineral water.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.