One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘At first the driver and his Arab passengers chat affably enough, chatting loudly over the blaring radio.’
- ‘A business suit-clad man then greets them, shakes hands affably and makes them sit in comfortable chairs.’
- ‘He concurred affably, puckering his lips in thought as he pondered over the last decade's adventures.’
- ‘He strides into the restaurant and greets the waiters affably by name and orders soup and a glass of mineral water.’
- ‘Service businesses must provide their service, whatever it is, efficiently, usually quickly, affordably, and affably.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.