Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘A possible etiologic relation to chronic inflammation and lung fibrosis is supported.’
- ‘The etiologic role of HPV infections in cancers of the lower genital tract is well established.’
- ‘This would contribute to a significant etiologic fraction of low birth weight.’
- ‘The etiologic spectrum of pathogens was broad, including opportunistic as well as bacterial agents.’
- ‘The etiologic agent in respiratory system injury caused by organic dusts is unclear.’
- ‘Numerous investigators have studied the etiologic pathogens associated with otitis media in children.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.