Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The body of air surrounding the earth; the atmosphere.‘the aerosphere influences both daily and seasonal movements of organisms’
air, airspace, skyView synonyms
- ‘The aerosphere represents one of three major components of the biosphere.’
- ‘The capacity of radars to detect biological scatterers in the aerosphere has been known for 50 years.’
- ‘This symposium marks a pioneering effort to bring together biologists engaged in research on organisms that move through and inhabit the aerosphere.’
- ‘Using atmospheric data, one can try to estimate how many creatures actually live in the aerosphere.’
- ‘Bats feature prominently among organisms that occupy the aerosphere as they extensively use this environment for foraging.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.