Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A casing which protects a spacecraft during re-entry.
- ‘The lander is wrapped in deflated airbags, cocooned within a protective aeroshell.’
- ‘The phase where the rovers landed safely on the planet called for a parachute, aeroshell and retro-rockets.’
- ‘Researchers reviewed features seen in several images that they believe could be the lander and its protective aeroshell.’
- ‘If all goes according to plan, the aeroshell capsule will hit the top of the Martian atmosphere on January 4.’
- ‘It therefore will need a new type of aeroshell and a strong parachute to slow it down.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.