Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A wind instrument.
- ‘Such reservoir aerophones are not limited to Scotland and Ireland.’
- ‘This aerophone with arch-formed blowing hole is made from a hornless bamboo tube of 50-60 cm long.’
- ‘In addition, the harmonica belongs to the family of aerophones which I did not know very much about at the time.’
- ‘Many aerophones have been created and used for thousands of years.’
- ‘This aerophone can be used either as a solo instrument or joined with other instruments in an ensemble.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.