One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The swallowing of air.
- ‘Intestinal gas can be reduced by reducing aerophagy and paying more attention to diet i.e. avoiding such foodstuffs as beans, if they do cause trouble.’
- ‘As a result, the belly swells up like a hot-air balloon, and this condition is called as aerophagy.’
- ‘It results in nasal obstruction leading to slow or difficult feeding with colic due to aerophagy, infected nose, snuffle and if severe mimics choanal atresia and other subsequent sequeale.’
- ‘These patients have aerophagy, and repeated swallowing of air may be obvious during the consultation.’
- ‘Swallowing too much is a direct cause of aerophagy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.