One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the science or practice of building or flying aircraft.‘he went on to study aeronautical engineering at the Air Force Academy’
- ‘An aeronautical version is used to intercept guided missiles.’
- ‘Prior to the merger deal, the corporation said it would sell its aeronautical systems unit for $1.5 billion.’
- ‘At the time, his feat was an international sensation and became a landmark of aeronautic progress.’
- ‘The important factor was a general decline in the status of aeronautical research.’
- ‘The system will enable the company to calculate aeronautical charges.’
- ‘The aeronautic giant has fallen behind with its next-generation jumbo jet.’
- ‘The $2,000 had been for an aeronautical course his son had been pursuing.’
- ‘The company is involved in developing an aeronautical telecommunications network, a new model of air traffic control.’
- ‘Much of the impetus for change had been provided by 1926 legislation establishing the nation's broad aeronautical policy.’
- ‘For those of an aeronautical bent, there's a flight analysis available on our website.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.