Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The hobby of building and flying model aircraft.
- ‘Anyway around the age of 16 I felt I should put away childish things and gave up aeromodelling.’
- ‘It was the country's first centre for professionals in aeromodelling, marine modelling, and radio control.’
- ‘The aeromodelling club will soon have competitions too.’
- ‘They have won gold medals for best aeromodelling display.’
- ‘Our Aeromodelling team members have over 25 years of experience in designing and flying Aircrafts.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.