Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The hobby of building and flying model aircraft.
- ‘Our Aeromodelling team members have over 25 years of experience in designing and flying Aircrafts.’
- ‘It was the country's first centre for professionals in aeromodelling, marine modelling, and radio control.’
- ‘The aeromodelling club will soon have competitions too.’
- ‘They have won gold medals for best aeromodelling display.’
- ‘Anyway around the age of 16 I felt I should put away childish things and gave up aeromodelling.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.