Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1Relating to the use of aircraft for medical purposes such as transporting patients to hospital.
- ‘Their findings improved the overall readiness of the mobile aeromedical staging facility.’
- ‘Army pilots refined techniques of aeromedical evacuation and developed new skills in all-weather and night flying.’
- ‘The cabin is equipped with a forward-folding conventional door, a feature intended to attract the aeromedical transport market.’
- ‘It has been very rewarding to work with them and be able to assist with the aeromedical evacuations of patients.’
- ‘‘I thought for sure he'd never walk again,’ said his father, a retired Air Force aeromedical evacuation technician.’
- ‘The level of care received varies from basic first aid to sophisticated intensive care in aeromedical evacuation aircraft.’
- ‘Keystone occupies a specific niche in the aeromedical transport world.’
- ‘He said the contributions from the aeromedical evacuation community have been nothing short of history-making.’
- ‘These air mobility forces consist of strategic and theater airlift, air refueling, operational support airlift, and aeromedical evacuation.’
- ‘This is a state-of-the-art small, portable, expeditionary aeromedical rapid response team.’
- ‘The Black Hawk is the primary helicopter for air assault, general support and aeromedical evacuation units.’
- ‘The team provides a broad scope of care and has intrinsic communication capability for aeromedical coordination, consultation, or resupply.’
- ‘The primary aircraft used for the aeromedical evacuation mission are the C - 141 Starlifter and C - 130 Hercules.’
- ‘The helicopter can be fitted with an aeromedical interior and Telemedicine data link for the air ambulance role.’
- ‘I include aeromedical evacuation as part of this system.’
- ‘The C - 130s also help out with aeromedical evacuation of wounded and injured coalition soldiers.’
- ‘Through the aeromedical division certification process, the FAA will do everything it can to help you prove that you're capable of flying safely.’
- ‘He continued to make aeromedical repatriation trips until the time of his death.’
- ‘His experience with the Air Force gave him skills in aeromedical evacuation.’
- ‘Despite the crash setback, aeromedical transportation continued to progress.’
2Relating to medical issues associated with air travel.
- ‘The four-week course taught aeromedical physiology, aircraft-loading procedures, and survival skills.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.