Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1Relating to the use of aircraft for medical purposes such as transporting patients to hospital.
- ‘‘I thought for sure he'd never walk again,’ said his father, a retired Air Force aeromedical evacuation technician.’
- ‘The level of care received varies from basic first aid to sophisticated intensive care in aeromedical evacuation aircraft.’
- ‘It has been very rewarding to work with them and be able to assist with the aeromedical evacuations of patients.’
- ‘The primary aircraft used for the aeromedical evacuation mission are the C - 141 Starlifter and C - 130 Hercules.’
- ‘I include aeromedical evacuation as part of this system.’
- ‘Their findings improved the overall readiness of the mobile aeromedical staging facility.’
- ‘Army pilots refined techniques of aeromedical evacuation and developed new skills in all-weather and night flying.’
- ‘He continued to make aeromedical repatriation trips until the time of his death.’
- ‘This is a state-of-the-art small, portable, expeditionary aeromedical rapid response team.’
- ‘The cabin is equipped with a forward-folding conventional door, a feature intended to attract the aeromedical transport market.’
- ‘These air mobility forces consist of strategic and theater airlift, air refueling, operational support airlift, and aeromedical evacuation.’
- ‘Despite the crash setback, aeromedical transportation continued to progress.’
- ‘He said the contributions from the aeromedical evacuation community have been nothing short of history-making.’
- ‘His experience with the Air Force gave him skills in aeromedical evacuation.’
- ‘The team provides a broad scope of care and has intrinsic communication capability for aeromedical coordination, consultation, or resupply.’
- ‘The C - 130s also help out with aeromedical evacuation of wounded and injured coalition soldiers.’
- ‘The helicopter can be fitted with an aeromedical interior and Telemedicine data link for the air ambulance role.’
- ‘The Black Hawk is the primary helicopter for air assault, general support and aeromedical evacuation units.’
- ‘Keystone occupies a specific niche in the aeromedical transport world.’
- ‘Through the aeromedical division certification process, the FAA will do everything it can to help you prove that you're capable of flying safely.’
2Relating to medical issues associated with air travel.
- ‘The four-week course taught aeromedical physiology, aircraft-loading procedures, and survival skills.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.