Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to or denoting the measurement of the earth's magnetic field using airborne instruments.
- ‘The aeromagnetic data suggest that the lineament corresponds to a tectonic break.’
- ‘The aeromagnetic and seismic data suggest that the fault penetrates well into the middle crust.’
- ‘The magnetic anomaly grid is based on aeromagnetic data compiled by Verhoef et al..’
- ‘Unpublished aeromagnetic data suggest a minimum of 40-60 km of offset along the Fault System.’
- ‘These data in conjunction with an interpretation of the aeromagnetic anomaly map allow subdivision of the complex.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.