Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The study of the atmosphere.
- ‘The present paper continues to analyze he initial development of aerology in Cuba starting from 1944.’
- ‘The discipline of aerology - using radiosondes and balloons - began in 1944.’
- ‘The whole product is an interactive movie with a set of computer models on aerology and meteorology.’
- ‘The collaboration between aerology and synoptic meteorology contributed to the development of the two domains.’
- ‘The Aerology program measures conditions in the upper atmosphere.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.