Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The study of the atmosphere.
- ‘The present paper continues to analyze he initial development of aerology in Cuba starting from 1944.’
- ‘The discipline of aerology - using radiosondes and balloons - began in 1944.’
- ‘The Aerology program measures conditions in the upper atmosphere.’
- ‘The collaboration between aerology and synoptic meteorology contributed to the development of the two domains.’
- ‘The whole product is an interactive movie with a set of computer models on aerology and meteorology.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.