Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘The following operations are steps to be orderly taken for performing aerological measurements by radio sounding.’
- ‘Provide large scale definition of the atmosphere by supplementing the existing aerological network.’
- ‘This division carries out aerological observations at the internationally specified times everyday.’
- ‘She served as an aerological engineer, analyzing the effects of weather on combat.’
- ‘As early as 1917, during the latter days of WW1, aerological services to naval aviation were needed.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.