Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A meteorite made of stone.
- ‘The presence of aerolites is also accompanied with loud reports, which are absent in the case of these meteors.’
- ‘Followed by Japan and U.S.A, China holds most Antarctic aerolites.’
- ‘Meteorites are divided into three groups: siderites, siderolites, and aerolites.’
- ‘A fireball, which is usually seen to accompany the fall of aerolites, was not observed in this case.’
- ‘Silicon has also been detected in the Sun and stars and is found in certain types of meteorites known as aerolites.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.