Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A meteorite made of stone.
- ‘Meteorites are divided into three groups: siderites, siderolites, and aerolites.’
- ‘Silicon has also been detected in the Sun and stars and is found in certain types of meteorites known as aerolites.’
- ‘Followed by Japan and U.S.A, China holds most Antarctic aerolites.’
- ‘A fireball, which is usually seen to accompany the fall of aerolites, was not observed in this case.’
- ‘The presence of aerolites is also accompanied with loud reports, which are absent in the case of these meteors.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.