Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The science of the interaction between aerodynamic forces and non-rigid structures.
- ‘This is highly recommended for anyone who deals with aeroelasticity and flutter flight testing.’
- ‘We have demonstrated a number of flight conditions, where we have actually taken advantage of the aeroelasticity of the wing.’
- ‘The main site for aeroelasticity is the one under development at Texas A & M.’
- ‘The primary areas considered are structural dynamics, static aeroelasticity, and dynamic aeroelasticity.’
- ‘His research interests are aircraft and aerodynamic configuration design, aeroelasticity, vortex-dominated flows and experimental aerodynamics.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.