Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Larger turbines have however also shown aeroelastic instabilities, something that was unexpected.’
- ‘The effectiveness of aeroelastic tailoring is demonstrated through the optimization results.’
- ‘The aeroelastic stability of the wing and tilting nacelles will also be evaluated using this aircraft.’
- ‘Analysis of aeroelastic deformation, divergence, flutter and control surface efficiency is emphasized.’
- ‘In aeroelastic analysis, the structural dynamics representation of the blades is based on normal modes.’
- ‘The requirements for static aeroelastic analysis beyond those for the structural and aerodynamic models are nominal.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.