One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small airport or airfield.
- ‘On 12 August, it began attacks on airfields and aerodromes in southern England.’
- ‘There is no doubt that these missions were exciting for there were few things more well defended than a Luftwaffe aerodrome.’
- ‘Space objects weighing up to 3,000 kg are transported by sling to the nearest aerodrome.’
- ‘Security sources say German, French, Swedish and British military aircraft regularly use the aerodrome.’
- ‘After training, these professionals are posted to the aerodrome section of various airports.’
- ‘The aerodrome, only recently constructed by the French army, consisted of freshly cut wheat fields lined with canvas hangars.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.