One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small airport or airfield.US term airdrome
- ‘The aerodrome, only recently constructed by the French army, consisted of freshly cut wheat fields lined with canvas hangars.’
- ‘Security sources say German, French, Swedish and British military aircraft regularly use the aerodrome.’
- ‘On 12 August, it began attacks on airfields and aerodromes in southern England.’
- ‘After training, these professionals are posted to the aerodrome section of various airports.’
- ‘Space objects weighing up to 3,000 kg are transported by sling to the nearest aerodrome.’
- ‘There is no doubt that these missions were exciting for there were few things more well defended than a Luftwaffe aerodrome.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.