Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The study of airborne microorganisms, pollen, spores, and seeds, especially as agents of infection.
- ‘Commonly, however, aerobiology is about pollen and spores in the air.’
- ‘This is an example how aerobiology is used for early prediction of productivity of forestrial trees.’
- ‘Tuberculosis is among humankind's most successful pathogens, and yet we know relatively little of its aerobiology.’
- ‘Through a knowledge of the aerobiology in your area, your physician can identify whether the symptoms fit into this pattern of disease.’
- ‘The following are some useful links to aerobiology sites.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.