One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An engine used to power an aircraft.
- ‘On the ground floor are actual aero engines of aircraft, past and present.’
- ‘As I stand at the top of the control tower, the air vibrates with the sound of aero engines.’
- ‘For those who loved powerful systems, the section displaying the key components of massive aero engines had much to offer.’
- ‘The roar of four revving aero engines surges from the runway.’
- ‘During the 1920s and 1930s, two distinct schools of thought had developed concerning military aero engines.’
- ‘The firm manufactures car components, aero engines and components for helicopters.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.