One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A stringed instrument that produces musical sounds when a current of air passes through it.
- ‘The aeolian harp uses the wind to generate musical sounds.’
- ‘An Aeolian harp is usually constructed as a rectangular sound box.’
- ‘My efforts to rescue the Aeolian harp from oblivion have earned me a Royal Commendation.’
- ‘There is a mystery about the Aeolian Harp that still has physicists arguing.’
- ‘When an aeolian harp string is activated by the wind, the fundamental is never sounded, only the overtone series.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.