Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A stringed instrument that produces musical sounds when a current of air passes through it.
- ‘When an aeolian harp string is activated by the wind, the fundamental is never sounded, only the overtone series.’
- ‘The aeolian harp uses the wind to generate musical sounds.’
- ‘An Aeolian harp is usually constructed as a rectangular sound box.’
- ‘There is a mystery about the Aeolian Harp that still has physicists arguing.’
- ‘My efforts to rescue the Aeolian harp from oblivion have earned me a Royal Commendation.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.