One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A stringed instrument that produces musical sounds when a current of air passes through it.
- ‘There is a mystery about the Aeolian Harp that still has physicists arguing.’
- ‘When an aeolian harp string is activated by the wind, the fundamental is never sounded, only the overtone series.’
- ‘The aeolian harp uses the wind to generate musical sounds.’
- ‘My efforts to rescue the Aeolian harp from oblivion have earned me a Royal Commendation.’
- ‘An Aeolian harp is usually constructed as a rectangular sound box.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.