One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Mamercus was a very wealthy man, and his refusal of the aedileship was the cause of his defeat for the consulship.’
- ‘Thus twelve praetorships and six aedileships were created.’
- ‘Until the 2nd century BC, the curule aedileships rotated on a yearly basis between patricians and plebeians.’
- ‘During the elections for the aedileships a fight broke out and numbers of people were killed.’
- ‘Promotion to the aedileship was automatic for patricians, but Vespasian wasn't a patrician.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.