Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘So I would say most of it ultimately is our advocation.’
- ‘There is an overt advocation of group hatred evolving here that should be offensive to everyone.’
- ‘Speaking in terms of culture, not advocation, I find myself wondering about the center and its place in society.’
- ‘I can even imagine some of the bigger privacy advocation groups paying for it.’
- ‘None of these dissidents has so far expressed such clear advocation of a secular society.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.