One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a number of officers assisting the judges in the European Court of Justice.
- ‘The ECJ is now composed of fifteen judges, as well as the nine advocates-general who deliver preliminary opinions.’
- ‘Last week, an advocate-general of the European Court of Justice said the commission was not mistaken in its findings.’
- ‘Apart from the judges, the Court is also assisted by eight advocates-general, whose qualifications for office are identical.’
- ‘The lawyers have to prepare their briefs and the advocate-general has to prepare his submissions.’
- ‘The court's judgement is not a final ruling, but it follows the opinion of the advocate-general in the majority of cases.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.