One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Acting in a way that would be recommended; sensible; wise.‘you would be advised to check on increases to your pension’
wise, prudent, sensibleView synonyms
- ‘If you like flashy literate front men then it's advised to see this band.’
- ‘Taking vitamins and minerals in isolation is not advised, as they need to be combined to work synergistically.’
- ‘Residents would be advised to stay away from gathering places, such as sporting events.’
- ‘The timid male would be advised to stand well back when a female threatened is on the rampage.’
- ‘The patient would be advised not to use the drug unless no suitable alternative treatment option is available.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.