Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘We hope we will enjoy some beautiful fall days but advisably you should also be prepared for some rain.’
- ‘For details, ask the nearest German Embassy or Consulate, advisably before you send the application.’
- ‘During one of the conferences a real photo was displayed for about an hour and then an author took it away advisably.’
- ‘The next move is advisably the idea of getting a transit aspect report.’
- ‘Be on the tower early enough, advisably not later than three to four in the afternoon.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.