One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of being advisable or sensible; wisdom.‘many questioned the advisability of this policy’
preferability, preferableness, desirability, wisdom, soundness, prudence, sensibleness, sense, appropriateness, appropriacy, aptness, fitness, suitability, judiciousness, expediency, expedience, helpfulness, effectiveness, advantageousness, advantage, benefit, merit, value, profit, profitability, gainView synonyms
- ‘A parliamentary committee is studying the advisability of allowing brokers and corporate agents to operate.’
- ‘Every individual can determine the advisability of where and when to travel.’
- ‘Before these policies are adopted, the advisability of no army modernisation deal can be justified.’
- ‘Second comes the question of feasibility and, more or less simultaneously, of advisability.’
- ‘Post-operative agility is a key factor in assessing the advisability of a block for post-operative pain relief.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.