Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The quality of being advisable or sensible; wisdom.‘many questioned the advisability of this policy’
preferability, preferableness, desirability, wisdom, soundness, prudence, sensibleness, sense, appropriateness, appropriacy, aptness, fitness, suitability, judiciousness, expediency, expedience, helpfulness, effectiveness, advantageousness, advantage, benefit, merit, value, profit, profitability, gainView synonyms
- ‘A parliamentary committee is studying the advisability of allowing brokers and corporate agents to operate.’
- ‘Every individual can determine the advisability of where and when to travel.’
- ‘Second comes the question of feasibility and, more or less simultaneously, of advisability.’
- ‘Before these policies are adopted, the advisability of no army modernisation deal can be justified.’
- ‘Post-operative agility is a key factor in assessing the advisability of a block for post-operative pain relief.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.