One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person or company that advertises a product, service, or event.‘kids hate it when advertisers try too hard to target them on their level’
- ‘The network wanted to appeal to younger, more urban viewers in order to please advertisers.’
- ‘In the 1950s, advertisers, who funded the programming, looked to manipulate the audience.’
- ‘In 1999, the Oscars moved to Sunday in order to make the event more lucrative for television advertisers.’
- ‘The responsibility lies with the voters, not with the advertisers.’
- ‘We can reach whatever demographic an advertiser wants, because we know exactly what and how many people are going to hear the ad.’
- ‘Advertisers are attracted to us because we have the affluent male audience, which is increasingly difficult to get a message to.’
- ‘Graffiti artists use the same tactics as billboard advertisers, but no one really connects the two.’
- ‘The advertiser is solely responsible for the advertisement.’
- ‘Family-friendly viewers are more likely to use products made by these advertisers.’
- ‘The stupid masses have been conned by the advertisers because they believe everything they see on TV.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.