One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Historically, radical feminism started with the assumption that the sexes are adversarially poised.’
- ‘There are other occasions, however, when a prosecutor engages in what appears to be adversarially correct behavior that nonetheless impedes the search for truth.’
- ‘This Tribunal is enjoined to not only be fair, but also to be quick and to act inquisitorially and not adversarially.’
- ‘Go back as far as you like, you'll find (some/many) literary theorists insisting that Lies Are Good while (some/many) historians adversarially promote an ethos of Just-the-Facts.’
- ‘Eventually this pressure led in 1935 to a Parliamentary Select Committee enquiry into their case, conducted adversarially between two different systems of philosophy and treatment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.