One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & noun
- ‘She also expressed sadness that people gossip casually on the prospect their government might be destabilized, or their elected leadership deposed by ‘adventurists’ when such talk ‘should alarm them.’’
- ‘A single adventurist move can have catastrophic consequences for millions of people.’
- ‘There have been serious accidents in both countries' military installations and nuclear facilities, including scores of aircraft crashes, fires, and adventurist actions by commanders.’
- ‘They rightly fear that the adventurist posture may prove very costly to their own interests, even to survival.’
- ‘They know that the policy grows out of unnecessary and adventurist goals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.