One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjective
- ‘There have been serious accidents in both countries' military installations and nuclear facilities, including scores of aircraft crashes, fires, and adventurist actions by commanders.’
- ‘They know that the policy grows out of unnecessary and adventurist goals.’
- ‘She also expressed sadness that people gossip casually on the prospect their government might be destabilized, or their elected leadership deposed by ‘adventurists’ when such talk ‘should alarm them.’’
- ‘A single adventurist move can have catastrophic consequences for millions of people.’
- ‘They rightly fear that the adventurist posture may prove very costly to their own interests, even to survival.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.