Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
See adventure travel
- ‘Mongolia's vast grasslands have long attracted adventure travelers, especially those who prefer to travel on horseback.’
- ‘Darrington has been a magnet for adventure tourists looking for hiking, white water fishing, and wilderness camping.’
- ‘Adventure travelers can take a journey into the high jungle that lasts several days.’
- ‘Are you an adventure traveller who loves zip lining and scuba diving?’
- ‘Many adventure travelers to Argentina will want to spend time in Patagonia for hiking.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.